Your Resolute Resolution



Your Resolute Resolution

I used to dread New Year’s Eve, with the high expectation that one must participate in something exciting and fun. It was almost as if you had to ensure yourself that your fun-filled night foreshadowed the wonderful year that you were about to experience. That was then. Now, I look forward to spending my night with the ones I adore most, and look forward to yet another new year’s term, called the “resolution”. I am usually pretty disciplined when it comes to setting goals, but I think a new year, marks a place in time when we all can set positive goals for ourselves. Like most, I will probably indulge in my last tidbits of chocolate before the clock strikes midnight, and then promise myself to make healthier meal choices and exercise more. But most importantly, I promise to immerse myself in positivity, and take a stance to better our world. 

When I think of resolution, the first thing that comes to my mind is the degree of sharpness of an image. Secondly, I think of finding an answer to some kind of solution.  So, when you combine these definitions of resolution, it meshes together to form a new year’s resolution of putting a focus on a solution to a problem. With the existing turmoil in our world, I think we can all agree that contributing to our planet more positively, is not only bettering what and who is around us, but it is also bettering ourselves. A new year’s resolution is all about self improvement, and I cannot think of a better way of improving one’s self, than by focusing on improving society and Mother Earth. 

As an avid reader, I am always on a quest for the next best read I can get my hands on. But honestly, my favorite things to read are people’s stories of good deeds and mitzvah’s they have just accomplished. So please, fill me in on the positivity you have dazzled upon our universe. I’d love for you to spark a fire to inspire me, as well as others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Handcycle Training for Disney Princess 5k, Day 1

A Differently-Abled Momma

"How I Wasted My Education"