Tears vs. Tears

My handcycle training these past two months have been a positive slow progression. While I have been training a bit more on the roads, I have also stepped up my game on my indoor stationary one as well. Spring has sprung, but there are many of those lingering, cool, soggy days, where I find myself "getting too old" to withstand the elements just for fun. There was a time where I would prance and run around in a singlet and bun huggers, and set a PR (personal record,) amidst a downpour and gale force winds.

 While those days are long gone, I find solace in my indoor handcycle. I have increased an entire level on it, giving myself more of a resistance, that is equivalent to my hot pink outdoor handcycle. With that, the intensity has created tears in my hands. They are not pleasant, but I like to think of them as my "pink badges of courage." I'm looking into work-out gloves to prevent tears, and down the road tears (as in the sobbing kind.)

Each time I get out there, I push myself just a tiny bit further. I have also learned that on those discouraging hills, I can manually push the wheels, as if I am pushing my wheelchair, to propel myself forward. This facilitates my uphill battle, and gets me over that hump faster, than if I were to just pedal myself up and over.

The most exciting part of all, is that I was able to register through the American Cancer Society for my Disney Primcess 5K. It means so much to me, that I can race and simultaneously help a charity that is very dear to my heart. As always, the beautiful friends that I have, enabled me to almost reach my donation goal within just a short couple of weeks! It brings tears to my eyes to know how much they support me, and want to assist me in reaching my goals.

I am over the moon knowing that I am in the race, and have special individuals in my life, who love and encourage me within each step of my journey. <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Handcycle Training for Disney Princess 5k, Day 1

A Differently-Abled Momma

"How I Wasted My Education"