Booking It

I did it!! You're probably thinking I achieved another personal record on my handcycle, (which I have) by "booking it" fast, but I have been "booking it" in another instance. I finally finished writing my children's book! *Shriek!!!* I have been working on it for entire year, and finally have brought years of notions to fruition. It feels exhilarating to have it completed, and I am currently working on submitting it to publishers that I think would be a great match. Fingers and toes crossed!

I would be lying if I said it has been easy. When the pandemic came about, I started really putting together ideas from my jotted on napkins and scrap paper. This was simultaneously being done while homeschooling three children. After hours of virtual schooling, then assisting them individually for hours on their written work, I would dive into my work like an eager child into a pool on a hot summer day. I would look forward to writing my story more than anything. My kids would flock to their devices, and I would feel saddened that I could not devote my attention to them for rock painting or making volcanoes. But I had to do this for myself and them. I would later cringe as I glanced at the clock, at the amount of screen time they had just experienced. I convinced myself after reading them book upon book, that I was doing my best, and the extra cuddles made up for lost time.

I empathize with working parents during this time of quarantine. Trying to juggle work and child rearing, is complicated, and you always feel like you're gypping either your career or your active role as a parent. However, I am fortunate to work while they are asleep, and know that deep down, I am doing the best I can overall.

I look forward to writing my next book, which I have so many ideas for! This time I replaced napkin notes for the "notes" folder on my cell phone. I usually conduct presentations on different abilities for schools, and I am thinking about doing them virtually. It would be a great assembly for classes, since things will look different this school year. Between my book writing and virtual presentations, I am looking forward to the second part of 2020. I am truly optimistic, and hopeful that good things will come about from the not so good events that have taken place.

If you have not read my article on being optimistic and living in the now, check out my article published in Scary Mommy.
I have something very exciting coming up due to this piece, so stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Handcycle Training for Disney Princess 5k, Day 1

A Differently-Abled Momma

"How I Wasted My Education"